Created in 0IR, shortly after Vincent von Boon's ascension to the throne of the newly formed Empire, the Imperial Codex was created. Primarily adapted from the Constitution of the Old Kingdom, the Codex is a non-exhausive list of many Imperial Laws.
1) Every citizen within the Empire shall pledge The Oath to Emperor Vincent von Boon, swearing eternal loyalty in life, allowing waiver only upon the behest of Lord Nemors claim upon your life.
- 1a) Those who are found to reside within the Empire without having been registered as swearing The Oath will be presented with an opportunity to do so. Failure to meet this opportunity will result in imprisonment.
- 1b) Those who, following the imprisonment referenced in 1a still refuse to pledge will face either death by beheading or dematerialisation.
2) Any who, throughout the Empire knowingly take a life with intent within witness of a Government Official will face immediate execution.
- 2a) Exceptions include; an individual acting in a time of war; an individual acting in defence of the Empire; any act of self-defence as referenced in Clause 3a
3) Every citizen within the Empire who meets the requirements referenced in Clause 1 retains the right to defend themselves against any serious and defined threat.
- 3a) The right to defend oneself extends to the right to own and bear weaponry included but not limited to; any bladed object that could be construed as a weapon (sword, dagger, axe, etc.), any blunt object that could be construed as a weapon (mace, hammer, etc.), any item capable of firing missiles (longbow, shortbow, crossbow, etc.)
- 3b) Such threats include; defending ones properties against armed intruders; defending ones town against aggressors; defending ones family and friends.
- 3c) Any such plea of Clause 3 will be contested in the highest court at the soonest convenient moment.
- 3d) Until such a time as mentioned in 3c the accused will remain under consideration as a murder suspect, and will remain as such until proven innocent.
- 3e) Due to the unpredictable nature of emotions, any parties directly involved in the crime, including those that the accused "defended" may not stand as witness.
4) Every citizen within the Empire who meets the requirements referenced in Clause 1 retains the right to a fair trial.
- 4a) Clause 4 extends to, but is not limited to, cases contested at a local, regional and national level.
- 4b) Given certain circumstances raised in Clause 5a, this right may be waived to ensure the protection of the Empire and it's people.
- 4c) "Ignorance" is not considered a defence within the judicial system, and as such a plea of ignorance will not be grounds to claim a trial as "unjust".
5) Until such a time as it is deemed no longer necessary, every citizen within Amaranthine, including those outside the jurisdiction of the Empire, is held accountable to the Imperial Security Act (ISA).
- 5a) Under the jurisdiction of the ISA, any citizen may be detained indefinitely by the Imperial Intelligence Agency, with all granted rights waived temporarily to ensure the protection of the Empire and its people.
- 5b) Please see form 48-1c for more details.
6) Every citizen within the Empire is expected to stand in defence of their land, and as such will be available for conscription during times of war.
- 6a) Those exempt from this draft include; government officials, doctors, teachers, lawyers, mothers of newborn children, any individual who is not of Gifted blood over the age of 80.
- 6b) Failure to meet the requirements of Clause 6 will result in immediate imprisonment.
7) Theft from another citizen within the Empire is considered unlawful.
- 7a) "Theft" is the act of dishonestly appropriating property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it, with no regard to if the appropriation is made with a view to profit, or simply for individual benefit".
- 7b) "Appropriation" may take the form of taking, with the rights of an owner, property belonging to another".
- 7c) "Property" is defined as "money, and any other items including real estate and personal property, and also intangible properties".
- 7d) "Ingangible Properties" extends to Time, Aetheric Energy, Title, and Government Information but does not include Personal Information retained externally from the Government, or Trade Secrets.
8) Every citizen within Amaranthine, including those outside the jurisdiction of the Empire, is to be held accountable by the Council of the Aether, formerly known as The Circle, with regards to the study of Aether Manipulation.
- 8a) Any individual found studying Aether Manipulation outside of the jurisdiction of the Council of the Aether is subject to the rulings of the Council of the Aether as outlined in form 02-5d.
9) Any citizen within Amaranthine, including those outside the jurisdiction of the Empire, who is knowingly, or is suspected to be knowingly harboring a dangerous individual is to be investigated as per the rulings of Clause 5 and form 48-1c.
- 9a) "Dangerous Individuals" includes, but is not limited to; any individual who is known to, or suspected of, having been a part of the group known as "The Alliance"; any individual of pure- or hybrid-Psyian blood who does not meet the criteria reference in Clause 1; any individual who carries items not defined in Clause 3a.
- 9b) Citizens who open challenge "Dangerous Individuals", rather than bringing them to the attention of the parties mentioned in Clause 5 and form 48-1c will be held accountable as per the factors referenced in Clause 3, and may possible fall under the criteria of Clause 5.